Monday 30 June 2014

Miss Magoo (possible genetic connection to Mr Magoo)

If there are ever auditions for a Miss Magoo, let me know, I will be a front runner. Most people like to call me clumsy, accident prone, often living in dream world. 

I like to call it lucky. 

Thanks to Wikipedia you can read a bit about the original Mr Magoo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Magoo).... the best descriptor from this article "However, through uncanny streaks of luck, the situation always seems to work itself out for him, leaving him no worse than before."

And so, due to clumsiness, eyesight impairment (yes I have 20/20 vision but my view of the world is a little different to others) and a general confused perspective (I think its because I am colourful)- things seem to happen to me. 

Glasses seem to break wherever I go. I am seldom able to cook a meal without either burning myself or the food. Last night I was painting my nails in bed. My Peri says to me "Bab, um so like.. I am not being mean but you are like the clumsiest person I know and you are painting your nails in bed in luminous pink? Is this a good idea?". To which I replied "Don't be silly, of course it is a good idea". 5 minutes later, well, you can imagine. There was a line of bright pink nail polish across our white linen. I then tried to research ways to remove to which Peri recommended it was best to leave. With my history in mind, I would land up creating a hole through  the duvet. I knew this to be true, and so I left it.

Well anyway, if you ask me- it will remain an reminder of a lovely Sunday evening when I painted my nails in bed and ate tea and rusks. 

Mr Magoo is testament to a man with bad eyesight that manages through luck and blessings to get through life magically, unscathed and wonderful. So in the wonderful words from Mr Magoo "O Magoo, you have done it again"... and well its bloody marvelous. Nothing wrong with doing things a little bit differently. 

It is all a matter of perspective. 

With love and light always 




No comments:

Post a Comment