Thursday 14 May 2015

365 Lessons to Learn and to Teach

"When you talk you are only repeating what you already know, when you listen you may learn something new", Dalai Lama.

Each and every person that crosses our paths daily has something to teach us. I look at this often a little too deeply- what meaningful insight was I meant to gain from the lady that was rude to me at the grocery store. What am I mirroring at work that a work colleagues vanity is aggravating me? But sometimes the lessons we are meant to learn are not these BIG HUGE, weird and wonderful lessons- but small daily lessons. For example, a colleague at work needed help with a power-point presentation- I showed her something new to do to make the task simpler and quicker- and like that- she learnt a new lesson yesterday. I taught.

Similarly I was at my aunt the other day and she cutting avocados,she was pouring hot water over the avo and I learnt that this is to keep it from going brown. And boom. I learnt.

There are 365 days in a year- that means if we learn just one small new thing every day we will gain 365 new abilities and facts. Even better, we can teach 365 different things- we can give 365 little snippets of help to someone else.

So join me friends in sharing your knowledge every day... and in keeping a little silent to take in the wisdom of those near you.

With love and light always.

No comments:

Post a Comment